Having trained in the UK at the highest standard currently available (which included achieving an MA in psychotherapy) and having been through a 16-year long personal therapeutic journey myself, psychotherapy is my passion and my call.
After specialising in Gestalt Psychotherapy, I have expanded my professional expertise first to the field of third-wave CBT (Mindfulness and Acceptance Therapy) and more recently to Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Nonviolent Communication (NVC). This is how I use these approaches in my practice:
- Mindfulness and Acceptance Therapy help identify thoughts and beliefs that are at play when symptoms are present
- Motivational Interviewing supports the process of making important decisions when we are ambivalent and stuck
- Nonviolent Communication is the most effective way I have encountered to deal with conflict
- Gestalt Therapy helps becoming aware of emotions, feelings and sensations in the here and now and in relation to others, and experiment safely with new behaviour
- Internal Family Systems is one of the most effective techniques to deal with trauma and understand how past burdens influence the present
Many clients feel a sense of relief from the very first session, and some of them have been able to solve difficult problems with 4 sessions or less. I strongly believe in the human potential to feel better and to move on even from the darkest circumstances. Be it anxiety, depression, OCD or PTSD, there is always hope.
I regularly write articles on mental health and I publish some of them on mine or other websites.
Qualifications and Training
- UKCP Accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist for individuals and groups
- MA in Gestalt Therapy (at The Gestalt Centre London)
- BACP Registered Counsellor
- Accredited Sexual Diversity Therapist (Pink Therapy)
- Integration of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy Course
- Motivational Interviewing: Eliciting Clients' Own Arguments for Change
- Nonviolent Communication
- IFS - Internal Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Qualified Teacher
- PGCE - (UCL - Institute of Education London)
- MSc in engineering (University of Rome)
- Motivational Interviewing: Evidence-Based Skills to Motivate Clients Toward Change
- Nonviolent Communication - facilitating conflict
- IFS - Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Radical Self-Acceptance: Healing Shame and Fear in Clinical Practice
Focus on Anxiety, Anger and Relationships
Anxiety, Anger and Relationships are the fields of mental health that interests me the most. I research and study different approaches and regularly publish articles on them.